Thread: Post-Game Talk: #71 Rangers vs Avalanche
View Single Post
Old
03-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
What I think about quite often is what the team's identity should be. I hope that Tortorella is already trying to figure out what the transition will look like.
Someday, this team can not be a bunch of grinders. When Kreider arrives, embrace the gift of speed, and complement it with the speed already on this team that has had a clamp put on it.
For those of you who are dissatisfied with Brad Richards, just wait til you get to see him roam free with some talent.

I understand the Torts Guy thing, but even Tortorella has hinted that he uses a system that fits his personnel. If that is true, then it should follow that the system changes as the personnel changes.
Its a good point.

You can win a championship with the style the Rangers play. But you need to plug in some holes in the lineup.

However its not a good system for consistent competitiveness. Look at Boston, we play very similar styles and they are falling apart.

If the Rangers want to be a perennial cup contender they need to develop some sort of puck possession system. They can't continue on, in the long term, being a homogenous grinding team. Your going to have to start winning on skill.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 03-18-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote