View Single Post
Old
11-16-2003, 09:19 AM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voynich

Under the assumptions that I was operating I didn't believe my proposals were nearly as brutal as they actually are since I was sloppy with my homework on the position of the Islanders. I thank those that were kind enough to correct me without resorting to childish behavior, which I have been guilty of in defending myself. In the future I will be sure to be more certain to get a clear definition of the position the other team is in before I propose deals on this board. However, in this case I felt I had, but I was wrong. I admit it. I have done so repeatedly. I don't know what else to say.
Not sure I agree with the abuse you got, but I think you can understand why some Islander fans reacted strongly to your posts. You basically made the assumption (for various reasons) that the Isles were going to give away some of their most tradeable assets for nothing, and offered up a series of proposals which essentially had the Thrashers getting Parrish and/or Hamrlik for negligible return. I think you can understand why that got Isles fans annoyed.