Thread: Post-Game Talk: #71 Rangers vs Avalanche
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 01:12 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think our system plays to Cally's strengths. Remember, Boyle has done very well in our system at one time. He isn't all that great. Not to compare Boyle to Cally, Cally is light years ahead of Boyle. Cally is a very good player.

That doesn't mean he would do well in puck possession system where he needs to play off his ability to finesse the puck. Let me ask a question, Dubi has had success here(comparable numbers to Cally in previous seasons). Do you think Dubi has a finesse game to play in a system like Detroit? Even on his game, Dubi doesn't have those skillsets.

I'm not trying to knock either players(they are vital for a championship team...cept Boyle-useless). But at the end of the day, they are roleplaying character guys.
There was a time when I thought Dubi had that skill. Now I look at him and seems to be a different player. Who are the teams that play Detroit's style anyway? Vancouver? Who else? I'm not sure Pittsburgh plays that style. Pittsburgh has a bunch of scrubs on that roster who play like world beaters with the best players in the world. WTF did Dupius do for us or the other teams he played (were they Minnesota and Atlanta? Too lazy to check). Cooke all of a sudden is some world beater? Even Neal had 55 points (in 78 games) as a career high before this year and without Malkin put up 1 goal and 5 assists in 20 games for the Penguins last year. That's fewer than 25 points in an 82 game season. The fact Pittsburgh did pretty well last year without Crosby and Malkin should put Bylsma into the Hall of Fame.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote