Thread: Post-Game Talk: #71 Rangers vs Avalanche
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you'd rather have a team full of Mitchells than Callahan's, because he plays a style that is more conducive to long term success? There's something that's counterintuitive about Dupuis and Kunitz being on your ideal team over Callahan, while being worse players. Dupuis didn't pass all that great while he was here either.

BTW, here is the top 6 for Vancouver from another thread:

sedin sedin burrows
booth kesler higgins

Higgins, quite possibly the worst Ranger I've seen since the lockout. He seriously made Brian Boyle look like an offensive dynamo and is on the #4 offense in the league. Was he also a better passer than Callahan? Booth's career high is 60 points, his numbers don't look much better than Dubi's. He's on a 51 point pace this year. Nothing super special.
I think your missing my point. I'm not advocating that Cally is not on this team(you need players like him on a championship team-you can plug him in anywhere). I don't think Cally is a DRIVING offensive player on a puck possession team. But Cally IS a driving offensive player on a grinding forechecking team. Hence we don't have dynamic scoring.

Look at my original comment. Dupuis and Kunitz both can play in a puck possesion system. But they are not driving offensive players for that team.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote