View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
The problem seems to have something to do with agestructure. I think it's a good idea to have a couple of developed but still up-and coming players on a team (perhaps in the 25-29 range). Looking at Djurgårdens roster, Gustav Wesslau fits the bill (27) and Klubertanz (disaster this season, 26). The Södertälje reject Jonas Almtorp is also at that age (28, bad season) Mario Kempe is only 23 but feels like the kind of player I am talking about, he got some routine but is still very hungry with his best years approaching.

Otherwise they have 11 players in the 18-22 range and 10 players 30+. Players that have years until they peak and players that allready peaked have to carry the team. Some players might peak after 30 but I don't see any oldie in Djurgården that seems like they are progressing.

This is just a small piece of the puzzle, but Djurgårdens age structure is pretty wierd.
Good point but this is still Järlefelts mess. He should take age structure into account when building his team. And he probably made things worse by waiting too long before he fired Hardy (if he should have been fired at all.. look at the point per game average since then) and then decided to stir even more crap up by bringing in Challe at a very (too) late stage.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote