View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 12:39 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Sure, because he is Russian right? He has to be able to skate better, it's what they do

Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about.

I've never heard of anyone accolading Emelin for his skating prowess, which isn't even part of his game. This is clearly a stereotype.

This is everyone's cop out with Subban, he's bad at everything but makes up for it with sheer athleticism. And now his skating comes into question?
I have to agree with the assessment that Emelin is a more fluid skater and PK is an amazing skater but less fluid, however it's his skating WITH the puck that makes him stand out. Either way, both great skaters, nothing taken away from PK, but his frame and his technique beget a different style from Emelin.

Again, both great, but for different reasons. I have to say, Emelin with the puck is pretty impressive compared to what I expected.

Who would I rather see with the puck on his stick charging forward to the chants of his name? Yeah, M. Always On.

BTW both have patented and AWESOME checking styles. Bee-sting vs classic hip check.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote