View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
MDL8981

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Give these guys a break they've been there for us all season and have been better than that '06 team all season. I say we come up with a big statement win tomorrow against a team that's given us fits.
I love how hard this team works and the effort they give. But they just lack talent...I mean we basically have one good offensive line. It pains me watching Mitchell, Boyle, Feds, Bickel etc. get as much ice time as they get (esp on the PP) because while they work their ***** off all the time...the talent just isnt there. Plus you look at the "balls to the wall every night" style we play; something we need to do to win games because of the talent issue. It takes its toll. McD and Girardi are showing the effects of guys who played 30 minutes a game and were constantly throwing their bodies into oncoming slap shots. They are worn down and running on fumes, and its why you see so many glaring defensive mistakes now (mistakes you rarely saw earlier in the year).

This team is headed in the right direction but they arent there yet. They need more offensive talent to really be able to say they can win a Cup.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote