View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBBa View Post
Artturi Lehkonen scored against Ässät. He deserves much more hype.
It seems that Lehkonen had a little encounter with Kristian Kudroc just before the goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
Jääkiekkoliitto should definitelly send him an invite asap. But the odds are against us, i think.
Yep, the odds are definitely heavily against us, but it doesn’t hurt to give it a try. Playing for Finland might have some benefits in comparison to Canada. For example it’s easier to make the WJC roster as a draft prospect and later on the chances of getting to play at the Olympics are higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Does that mean he's coming to Finland to do his military service or just coming to visit? It only says his dad was born in Finland, so I have no idea if the kid is actually half-Finnish.
The article doesn’t mention anything about military service, but I guess that in his case it really doesn’t make any sense to even consider that option. He’s probably going to be playing in WHL for next few seasons and if things go well it’s NHL/AHL after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Minnesota must have a good prospect pool since Haula isn't on the top10? 46 points in 40 games makes him tied for 12th in the NCAA.
Minnesota had 5 players in the top-40; Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Hackett and Larsson. Not the easiest top-10 to break into.