Thread: Denmark: Denmark WC2012 team
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Jevo

vCash: 500
A) I agree with you on this. I was just surprised to see Bau in this selection, partly due to his age. So I thought the selection of would indicate that Jensen is ranked higher by Bäckman than I thought he was.

B) What I have read in reports from Oshawa, Jensen is not a defensive liability, he is not great, but he plays a two way game. He still plays a european style where he doesn't hit a lot, but he uses his size and strength to win battles at the boards and in the corners. His natural skills are no doubt good enough to be in the team, but the biggest nag on his play is his consistency, he isn't playing up to his potential every night. Personally I don't think this would be a problem at the WC, since it didn't seem to be a problem in the WJC matches I saw. To conclude, he would probably be the most skilled player in our bottom six, but his grind, work ethic and defensive play might not be on the level that Bäckman would demand from a bottom six player, and I think Bäckman put more emphasis on that in the bottom six. I think we will know a lot more when Oshawa most likely lose in the first round of the playoffs and he can get called up to the AHL.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote