View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Again, the points of my posts have nothing to do with what other teams are doing, or who is or isn't in playoff mode. I am saying we've been inconsistent since the all star break. You or someone else brought up "playoff mode," not me.

Yes, some do see a loss and make proclamations, but that isn't what I'm doing, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. This is the first time all year where I feel uneasy with our current team. I'm not claiming the season is over, just saying we need to pull together a few solid efforts in a row to get some confidence back. Something we haven't done in a while.

There's still time to right the ship. Luckily, we have lots of playoff experience on our roster so we should be able to bring up the intensity when the time comes. Hopefully we'll see the real Weber and Suter then.
We're no more or less consistent than most teams around us in the standings right now. Detroit, Chicago, and the Pacific teams are all hit or miss from one night to the next. We're consistently having issues clearing the zone and missing defensive responsibilities while relatively consistently scoring 3+ per game since the ASG. The problem I see isn't inconsistency, it is consistently making the same mistakes.

For all of the issues this team has, we're a win tonight or a win in the head to head matchup from taking 4th from the Wings. Not bad for a team that is rotating wingers among the 3rd and 4th lines, lost our trade deadline center acquisition, and has been missing our #3 d-man for the past several games up to last night.

3:21pm ... first use of "playoff mode" in general and specifically in reference to the Preds.