View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Good OT by Briere. He can make things happen when the space is already there during 4 on 4. Just a shame he can't seem to make his own 5 on 5 space anymore.
I disagree... I think he never was the kind of player who made space for himself... he is a little player that fights for his space... it is the job of his line to make space that he can operate in.

In the past, one of Danny's strong suites was his ability to control the puck behind the net and then be able to work around to the front and be able to turn with the puck and set up for a close in shot... or he passes the puck to a line-mate for a shot...This season he seems to be able to control the puck well behund the net and win the battle, but is not able to work as well to the front and set up for his shot; he doesn't have the room any longer... He still has been able to pass out front, but the finishing off by the line-mates have not been as good.

His line-mates last season and at the end of the prior season, Hartnell and Leino, suited him well and allowed him the time and space... I don't believe he has found/been given the line-mates this season to function as well as in the past.

I do like line combination of Briere and Voracek and Read... I believe Voracek can give him what Leino did, but I wish Hartnell could play with them... although it would be foolish t move him away from G... and Jags.

... I am not discounting the effect of the concussion, since he has not played as well since he had it... I think many factors come into play and age and stepping back along with health could be a part along with a long cold streak... I wouldn't count out his having a strong stretch and Postseason like in the past.

If he is again a strong Postseason player... and one of the best players on the team then... I think he would be well worth his contract and Cap hit.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote