View Single Post
Old
03-18-2012, 09:56 PM
nukethewhales
gotta nuke something

vCash: 500
Oooh, boy. As a ref in the GTA, I've had a few share of run-ins. I got called up to work as a linesman for a huge Peewee AAA tournament on an emergency basis, so I was way out of my league, but in one tournament, a number of NHLers were there for their son's games:

Mark Recchi, fresh off his Cup win/retirement: terrifying. I made a questionable call and he chewed my face off.

Wendel Clark: awesome, awesome guy. He coaches his son's team and usually hangs around the arena I work at. Usually has time to stop and chat and isn't hot headed.

Scott Niedermayer (my favourite player): super, super nice and humble. I was star struck when I met him between games so I acted like an oaf when talking to him. His son is a fantastic hockey player too.

Todd Bertuzzi's son, Tag, was also there.

Tie Domi: Piece of garbage. Long story.

Tyler Seguin: grew up at the arena I work at, so he comes back during the summer. Doesn't really talk, as I don't have breasts. Was nice seeing him bring the Cup back to the arena during his day.

PK Subban: also grew up in the same arena when he played in the GTHL. See him a lot during the summer, really nice guy.

nukethewhales is offline   Reply With Quote