ATD 2012 Line-up Assassination Thread
View Single Post
03-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Originally Posted by
Toronto Maple Leafs
Coach: Scotty Bowman
Assistant coach: Dan Bylsma
Bobby Hull-Max Bentley-Cam Neely
Wendel Clark-Darryl Sittler-Tod Sloan
Ray Whitney-Brent Sutter-Paul Henderson
Scott Hartnell--Doug Jarvis-Tomas Holmstrom
Carl Brewer-Nikolai Sologubov
Brian Rafalski-Charlie Huddy
Stefan Persson-Bill Barilko
Marc Andre Fleury
I guess i have to right my yesterday's cheap shot and give your team a fair evaluation.
- Let's begin with good news, you have the best coach in this thing, I have no idea what role has Bylsma and what does he add, I don't think he is needed.
- Broda is one of the best second tier goaltenders, still don't understand why do you need two backups, especially since neither is a good one in the ATD sense
- You have a lot of talent on your first line, IMO too much - i don't see Hull and Bentley working together, they can share with the second line, since it depends on Sittler alone.
- Your Bottom 6 is a mess. Which role has your third line? You have a defencive minded centre, a offencive minded soft left wing and not really minded Henderson
- Your 4th line is worse. You have one of the best defencive forwards with PP-specialist who sucks in his own zone and Hartnell... well ... i guess he has ATD-worthy hair.
- i would try something like this with your forwards:
or since you can put my grandmother on Bobby Hull's wing and that line would still produce:
this way you have two strong very balanced scoring lines, a two-way line, and a checking line that doesn't suck.
- Well, your defence isn't that easy to fix. Brewer is lower end first pairing defenceman. Sologubov is 3rd pairing defenceman. And they don't work together. The biggest problem is, that don't have anybody capable of playing on the fisrt pairing besides Brewer. Rafalski is not that good, and it would make your first pairing tiny. Maybe Huddy?
- Well the second pairing is ok, as it is, but if you put Huddy on your first pairing you have nobody to play with Rafalski.
- Persson is PP-specialist. Barilko is a hero, but doesn't belongs there. With Iafrate in lineup thing doesn't get any better.
- Your special teams are a mess too. Your top PP QB (Persson) isn't even on your 2nd PP-unit. Holmström isn't on any PP-unit. And you have two PP-specialists on your top PK-unit. Your second PK-unit is actually ok. This units can be at least decent if you fix them.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DoMakc