View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Dfence033

vCash: 500
Imagine if Columbus IS shopping their 1st this year (Yakupov). Rangers trade Staal, Dubinsky/Anisimov, McIlrath, and a 1st for it (or whatever that package they were asking for Rick Nash was).

2013 could look like:
Yakupov-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Dubinsky/Anisimov-Miller
XXX-Boyle-Rupp

MDZ-Girardi
MCD-Erixon
Sauer-Stralman

And that's without signing a single free-agent (even if Dubinsky stays in favor of Anisimov, this would still give the Rangers about 10-11 million dollars of cap-space if Kreider and Yakupov got max bonus deals and that 4th line spot is taken by a $1 million player, with Stepan, Hagelin, Erixon, Sauer, and McD being the only free-agents to resign in the next season). There are just too many options available for next year, when a CBA will be officially worked out (no concerns over cap going from 70 mil to a cutback within months), and too many elite-level FA available. Pass on Parise (my bet is on Nashville, for a variety of reasons, anyway), see what the draft and new CBA brings first. Don't trade the farm for $7.8 million Rick Nash. I don't care what he MIGHT be in another system with "real" players. If we are selling off that much, I want a cost-controlled 18 year old on an ELC, not an extremely expensive 65 point winger. Sign a few fillers if you have to, target guys like Justin Schultz otherwise, and keep it going with what they have. I know it's a "long way off," but now is the time to start setting the team up for that summer of 2014. That's going to be a killer unless they can make some shrewd moves now.

Last edited by Dfence033: 03-19-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote