View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Moore, Calvert, Atkinson, Savard are all decent players but if they are the only guys we are talking about next season not even the green shirts will be enough to save the franchise... come on folks they are CBJ board favorites, all of them are depth players with a chance of making it big but hardly SCP winning type guys as of this posting.

There has to be some reason for the CBJ being the worst team in the NHL, not every player can be great...? Face some reality instead of fiction for a change.
Damn Robert, you are grumpy this morning!

I don't think anyone around here believes that the Jackets are going to build around those kids, but they all do have good up-side.

Everyone is going into next season with their eyes wide open, realizing that this team needs major, major improvements. The problem is that there are 29 other teams that will be trying to improve as well, and as much as we might not like it, we are going to have to keep, and play some of the guys that we have now.

I think that is why 99.9% of us don't want Howson to be the one to rebuild this disaster, since he is the one responsible for the mess we are currently in. Admittedly, the JMFJ trade was a good one, but in my mind, any GM with half a brain can make that deal.

Being happy with this win, and liking the efforts of some of the younger guys in that game does not translate into being happy with the status quo. It also doesn't mean that people expect Moore, Savard, and Cam to lead us to the promised land. They could, however, be a part of that.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote