Old
03-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Judging by the posts so far im sure my opinion will be unpopular. But remember when we tried to predict next years line-ups? We already have a huge amount of guys signed for next year. Not counting UFA's and RFA's theres something like 12-14 legitimate NHL forwards ALREADY looking to be on the team next year (including rookies). My point being that theres not alot of spots available for an upgrade to the teams below average offense. Samuelsson is 1 spot (and i hope Hubs will take that) and Wolski is another. I seriously believe we should be looking to upgrade that spot.

Wolski has contributed directly to a few wins, no disputing that whatsover. We needed some scoring depth and he has provided that. To only get him for a 3rd was good as well. I honestly have no problem with him as an acquisition for this years team.

But his impact HASN'T been enormous and I would really prefer to get someone better in there for next years team. His salary is way over priced for his impact as well.

Especially since our offense hasn't been great this year (only 180 goals), I don't wanna go into next year with basically the same group of forwards. I would like an upgrade.

But, yes, a good acquisition for this team thus far!
UFA pool looks shallow, I don't know the likelihood that we get a real good upgrade over Wolski. To be quite honest, I don't think we've seen what Wolski is truly capable of. Sure he's done well enough for a rental, but I know he has more to give offensively.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote