View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I don't like what I saw from the Pitt game tonight. I wouldn't want them in the first round. JVR and Talbot are our only real injuries on offense (unless I'm forgetting someone), and they successfully held us without goals for two periods...and held us to two shots in the second. Their defense was dominant for much of that game. I think Pittsburgh is getting underrated in here.
I don't underrate the Pens, but I'm not scared of them either. What is the Flyer record vs. them in evening games this year?

I loved yesterday's game because it was another step on the learning curve for all our young players and esp. the 7 rookies we had in the lineup. Couturier played great vs. Malkin. Schenn was solid. Read is just good (horrible fail to clear with 90 secs left notwithstanding), Wellwood and Rinaldo both looked good too, and Gus and Manning played well on D vs. a top team - loved their composure with the puck.

All we need is Bryz to hold us in games like that and I can see the Flyers beating the Pens in a series this year. Let's hope they just peaked over the last few weeks, and that the Rangers peaked in January.

We need to get our injured guys back, because if you loved how Voracek was shredding the Pens with his speed, you'll love it even more with JVR doing it on the other side.

And add Meszaros, Kubina and Lilja to the D too, we were playing without two of the top 6....the Pens had their whole top 6 - which is a good solid group but not better than ours.

I don't know how it'll pan out. The Flyers have to beat the Rangers once and the Pens twice to win the Division - and even that won't guarantee it, but at least it's in their control. Win out and prosper.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote