Thread: Injury Report: Anisimov gone long term?
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Great news that Anisimov is skating today. I wouldn't rush him unless he's 100%, but his addition in today's line up will give us even more offense against Marty. We definitely need it.

As for Avery, many forget that it seemed that he was "never" going to be called up again at the beginning of the season and injuries/desperation allowed his return to the lineup, despite him not playing for the AHL due to a "wrist injury".

If injuries continue to dessimate the lineup I would not be surprised if Torts hand was forced. Fans love Avery, regardless of how many people on this board openly bash him, the Garden crowd loves him. He energizes the team and fans, and most importantly, he doesn't take away from the team dynamic as most of the guys on the team genuinely enjoy being around him.

Now that Anisimov seems healthy, I don't think there is a need, but Avery as a stop gap, at least in my opinion, had Anisimov been injured for an extended period of time, was as unlikely as some make it out to be.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote