View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Really? You chose to nitpick on Ottawa and blame it on the fact that you think their goaltending was crap? You do realize they scored the second LEAST amount of goals in the entire league last season? Their team was doing terribly last year, but they didn't do anything drastic like fire all management personnel and look where it got them this year.

Same story for New Jersey, who was doing terribly last season but still fought hard and went on an outstanding streak to end the season last year, now look where they are this season.
Except you're the one who brought up Ottawa

They went 11-5 with Anderson in net. A paper thin offense missed Spezza, Alfredsson and Michael for parts of the season and their coach was an idiot (from what I understand, his philosophy for 'good' hockey was much like Cunney). The only difference between their team and ours, they had bona fide elite talent in Spezza who came into his own.

New Jersey had elite talent like Parise and Kovalchuk. Parise coming back healthy and Kovalchuk playing like he can is a big part of their success, on top of having a good coach. Yeah, winning the lottery and getting a young stud on D probably didn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
People wanting to get rid of everyone in the organization just because they have been here for a year are ridiculous. There is no reason to go firing every last person, especially Carriere. We don't have ANY indication of him doing any wrong yet people still want him fired because he has been associated with the team's management this season. It's absolutely ridiculous.
I couldn't care less about Carriere. One thing I know, if the GM gets fired, he's going too simply because every GM is going to want to bring in his own guy.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote