View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

vCash: 500
They need to get healthy but they have a few weeks to do that.

The offensive depth combined a defense that now has a bit of a nasty snarling edge they have been missing since Pronger's injury with the addition of GrossmanN and Kubina, all solidifying around a goaltender who knows he can't be beat right now is a scary thing. This team can go toe to toe with anyone in the East right now in a 7 game series, the key is going to be getting healthy for long series which will be the case if we are in the 4/5 series playing either the Pens or Rags. The 1 seed is well within possibility and with three games remaining against those two teams, those are 6 points to take away from direct competition.

I'm going to be casually optimistic and say we take the 4 seed against the Penguins but I'm not cheering to get a 6th seed for a "more favorable" opponent. I don't care who we play, to win the cup, you have to beat the best at some point. We will have to play Pittsburgh or New York at some point down the road, get it done over with, and earn a short series like we did in 2010 with the Habs.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote