View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
So essentially trading Dubi for a younger version of himself just to get rid of Dubi's under-production and contract to begin with. We NEED offense, not "could be a decent 2nd liner or good 3rd liner." Then what happens when he puts up that 20g-20a season and gets awarded with a $4mil/yr 4-year contract, then falters? We're back at "We need to unload this kid, he's not producing!" instead of kicking around the idea of packaging Dubi to get a REAL offensive threat. This team is done looking for those 2nd-3rd line tweeners right now considering half the team already fits that role, we have to start aiming at higher-end talent. In my mind, the word "threat" is key; a player that is nearly always a threat to either score or be in the mix. This isn't fantasy hockey either, PIMs aren't a desirable trait.
Did you read my post? Trade Dubinsky for a good young prospect and then sign Parise with the money opened up. Parise is the impact forward. Biggs would fit the mold of this team to a 'T', and yes, while PIM's may not always be a desirable trait, I'll take a Lucic/Kassian/Clowe type of player who has perennial 100+PIM seasons over John Mitchell and his 10.

There are different types of penalties......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote