View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Well, not done developing at 21, but and adult, yes. Would you rather have Toews at, what, 22, or Dubinsky at 26? Conversley, rather have Datsyuk, 30 and change, or Anisimov.

Gilroy, 25, Schultz, 21, both non-pros, never had been pro, nope, no big difference. I guess there is difference in the fact that Schultz went 2nd round in his draft year, and has been stellar longer than Gilroy was. THAT is the biggest difference, not 3-plus years (again, Gilroy was physically about 20 or less).

Didn't know Jamtin was doing as well -- regardless, not here... and Zuccarello, I doubt is long for the organization, which clearly has zero faith in his strength or defensive ability. The other guys were not comparisons, I just wanted to show the concept--bring in a guy with no NHL-experience and expect him to be good/make a difference.

And I also agree, sign him, hell max out the bonuses if need be. Just don't expect 55pts. as rookie, or 5, or maybe any ever. But like many have said, always a diamond in the rough.