Old
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Wisniewski -> Emelin
Hamrlik -> Diaz

Regardless of what they look like right now, we dropped 2 big-minute players for 2 rookies. Markov was supposed to replace one of them, but he didn't play.

Pretty simple really. Gionta wasn't as good, Plekanec had a tough year, Cammalleri struggled...boom, no offensive depth. That can't really be prepared for in the offseason though.
I agree with you, but let's face it -- seven months ago there were few crocodile tears at losing an aging Hamrlik (which ironically was well-timed since he hasn't played well). The loss of Wiz hurt (though many didn't think so) but still... imagine knowing that all our forwards were coming back and that Pacioretty, Desharnais and newly-signed Cole were about to have a dynamite year. Meaning that with almost the same 96-point team in place as last year, we were adding a new powerful forward line! Wow! There'd be no way any Habs fan would've predicted we'd be worse. But we were. And like back in September when we couldn't imagine being worse, now we can't imagine being better. But we will be better. Because this game doesn't operate only on logic or stats or what-have-you-done-for-me-lately. So much is momentum and confidence, and both build on themselves. Florida, St-Louis, New York are flying higher than anyone could've imagined; Washington, Buffalo, Anaheim, San Jose and our Habs are having bad seasons, and no one saw it coming to that degree. Boston's a bubble team. The deck will be reshuffled next season just like it got reshuffled this season, and suddenly playing the same cards won't get the same results. We still need to rework our roster, but I'll repeat we are NOT a last-place team.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote