View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah I had no problem with the back and forth. I actually was laughing quite a bit. The Stanley Cup ring thing didn't bother me at all but it does make Hayward look like the complete tool he is. They definitely have an inferiority complex over there even though they have been the better team for a while.

I like when they were talking about a proposed Winter Classic or outdoor game, Jim goes with his traditional Manhattan Pier comment and Hayward makes a quip about how there will be like 70/30 Ducks fans at such event when he is watching a game in his own building with at least 30% Kings fans, if not more. If I was Jim I would have mentioned something about that.

The Ducks won the Cup first in California and they have been more successful than the Kings in their (almost) 20 year history but you'd never know it by how smug Hayward acts. It is like they know they are broadcasting to a lot of Kings fans (even when they aren't playing the Ducks) and so they try to get their cracks in. Bob and Jim were and have been nothing but complimentary to the Ducks when they won the Cup and had good teams. If anyone should be bitter out of that bunch, it is Bob Miller and he had plenty of positive things to say about them.
Jim should have cracked on him by saying that the Kings can't wait to meet the Ducks in the playoffs some day, so they can play in front of their home crowd for the entire series.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote