View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post

Inglewood Jacks

(colour-coded for your viewing pleasure)

Cecil Hart

Harry Watson - Wayne Gretzky (C) - Jari Kurri
Baldy Northcott - Pat Lafontaine - Alexander Mogilny
Ross Lonsberry - Rod Brind'Amour (A) - Ron Ellis
Murray Murdoch - Bernie Nicholls - Bill Ezinicki

Brian Leetch - Moose Johnson (A)
George Boucher (A) - Jimmy Watson
Lloyd Cook - Kimmo Timonen

Tiny Thompson
Rogie Vachon

Spare: Pavol Demitra (LW/RW/C), Mike Richards (C), Robyn Regehr (D), Pavel Kubina (D)

Special Teams:

PP1: Leetch - Nicholls - Gretzky - Kurri - Watson
PP2: Boucher - Timonen - Lafontaine - Mogilny - Northcott

PK1: Johnson - Watson - Brind'Amour - Northcott
PK2: Leetch - Cook - Gretzky - Kurri

(these can be seen as 1A and 1B, depending on the game situation. One unit is obviously more offensively inclined than the other).

Thanks in advance. I'm open to any and all suggestions (special teams, captains, roster shuffling, etc), so have at!
First Line: Best player of all-time with his wingman, proven chemistry between the two and they form an explosive duo that will result in many offensive opportunities. The one complaint I have with the line is can Watson keep up with Gretzky and Kurri? I know he was offensively self-sufficient, and adds to the prowess of the line, but I think the former Oilers may not fit the style of linemates Watson is used to. All things considered, going to be a very hard line to defend against and will create many chances.

Second Line: I like how you have a lot of proven chemistry on your team, clearly Lafontaine and Mogilny worked well together. Northcott is a tough customer on the right side.

Third Line: Decent third line, Brind'Amour is a good third line centre, and wingers Lonsberry and Ellis are decent defensive wingers. Line can keep up with opposition's top scoring lines.

Fourth Line: Bernie Nicholls is an offensive dynamo, flanked by a crushing bodychecker in Ezinicki and a strong defensive left winger in Murdoch. Good intangible line, Nicholls' should be able to chip in a bit of offense in limited minutes.

Good group of forwards, top-six can be good offensively, bottom-six is tough.

First Pairing: Great first pairing, Leetch is a complete defenseman next to rough and tumble Ernie Johnson, who wasn't a bad offensive rearguard.

Second Pairing: Probably the strongest top-4 in the draft, Boucher is a great #3 and Jimmy Watson complements Buck nicely.

Third Pairing: I like Timonen on the bottom pairing, not completely aware of Lloyd Cook's game, but he appears as a pretty strong defensive defenseman. Timonen's all-around play is a nice fixture next to Cook.

Goaltending: Tiny Thompson is a good starter, had him last year and was a big fan. Middle of the pack starter, but will benefit from your strength on the back-end. Vachon in my opinion is the best backup after Rayner and Cheevers, so it's an all-around solid tandem.

Coaching: Cecil Hart had successful stints with the Habs, a good coach for your offensively dynamic squad.

Special Teams: PP - Good offensive group that is dangerous on the man advantage, question still remains with Watson and keeping up with his linemates. Gretzky's sole flaw was at faceoffs, so he may need his linemates to help him retrieve the puck after it's dropped.

PK - Strong PKers on the first unit, again Gretzky may encounter some big faceoffs, so it may be wise to have Brind'Amour taking the faceoff if it's in the Jacks' end. But Gretzky and Kurri will be able to capitalize on opportunities left by tired power play defenders.

Spares: Demitra (RIP) was one of my favorite players, he fits anywhere in your Top-6. Richards is a great two-way spare, he can fit anywhere in the lineup. Regehr and Kubina are solid defensive defensemen that will be nice pieces to have if you lose any of your big guns.

Summary: Pretty run and gun team, strong offensive players in the top-six. Should get desired chances in most matchups. Defense is strong, goaltending is above average. Another good entry by a divisional rival. Well done, arrbez.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote