Old
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
arrbez
bad chi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
First Line: Best player of all-time with his wingman, proven chemistry between the two and they form an explosive duo that will result in many offensive opportunities. The one complaint I have with the line is can Watson keep up with Gretzky and Kurri? I know he was offensively self-sufficient, and adds to the prowess of the line, but I think the former Oilers may not fit the style of linemates Watson is used to. All things considered, going to be a very hard line to defend against and will create many chances.
When you ask if Watson can keep up, are you talking about footspeed or in a general offensive sense?

If it's the latter, I'll certainly concede that Watson was more consistent than he was elite in terms of offense (aside from the year he came 2nd in goals). But he was quite fast, and he excelled as Syl Apps' regular LW on the 1947 and 1948 championship teams. He led the Leafs in scoring in the year after Apps retired as well, so I would assume he was playing with either Bentley or Kennedy. At any rate, he certainly has experience playing on a scoring line with an elite centre.

I really like his all-around game on that line. He was very strong defensively, played an aggressive game while staying out of the box, and was just a massive dude who (reports indicate) would absolutely pummel people when provoked.

Thanks for the review!

Last edited by arrbez: 03-19-2012 at 07:06 PM.
arrbez is offline   Reply With Quote