View Single Post
Old
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Just taking out the trash so to speak on a few items.

Re: Middleton playing a lot of minutes:

Sports Illustrated, March 30, 1981:

Quote:
Middleton logs more ice time than any Bruin except defense-men Park and Ray Bourque. He works the power play, kills penalties and protects late leads. The opposition keys on Middleton, too, because he's Boston's only genuine threat to "create" a goal: for the most part the other Bruins qualify as muckers, members of the so-called Lunchpail A.C., who score on goal-mouth tip-ins, rebounds or unintentional deflections.
September 27, 1984, Lewiston Daily Sun, Middleton himself:

Quote:
I don't consider myself a slow starter, but I do play better as I get more ice time.
So I feel pretty confident he'll be okay with the ice time.

Re Doan: Doan has killed about a minutes worth of penalties per game since '08-'09, and before then from 02-08 was always between 1:30-2 mins a game. All this while being the most dangerous offensive weapon on the Coyotes, meaning they had to limit his PK time.

I've been working on finding Doan killing penalties in the WCs, and have found some things that I like that describe his play there but I am as of yet still unable to find actual physical evidence that he did it:

Pierre Lebrun, Canadian Press, May 11, 2003. Shows us he's willing to sacrifice his body, which is of course an important of PKing:

Quote:
Fit in nicely on the checking unit with Draper and Kirk Maltby and sacrificed his body on every shift
I can't find any sort of line combos or anything like that for the years he was in the WCs, but either way, the guy's game is suited to PK, and he's proven that he can do it for the Coyotes despite the fact that they need his scoring. I think that should be enough.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote