View Single Post
Old
02-13-2006, 11:02 PM
SML

vCash: 500
Isn't EJ Hradek the guy who broke the story that Gretzky and Lemieux had gotten together at the last minute and saved the league from a lockout, only to have it be completely untrue? I saw this and it reminded me alot of those Bartending schools... I've yet to meet a bartender who has ever been to one. I think the "scouting" world is one of the true old boy networks, and it's a way for guys who have played to keep earning money long after retirement. I would say if you really wanted to break into that business, you'd have to start covering a team and evaluating talent. Send your analysis to a team. Send to all of them. They would either throw it in the garbage, or they'll read it. You info will either suck, in which case they'll throw it in the garbage, or it will be good. If they compared it to what they guys they are paying to do the job were saying and it's on the money, who knows? Maybe you'll get a response. I wouldn't get too discouraged though, because it could take years for you to find out if you were the fool or if you weren't, but just keep plugging away.