Thread: New Top 20?
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Mike I based this on their current skill level, what I see them developing into, how they have progressed since being drafted (not easy for the recent guys). Plus I take into consideration what league they play in, and the team they are on.
Playing devil's advocate here then, if we're talking about what you see the players developing into: there's 27 players in Montreal's prospect system listed as projected NHL players down the line. That's an awful lot, in my opinion. Even the best development organizations in the league haven't had that many players in their system at the same time. With Hossa, Hainsey, Ward and Ryder excluded, it's too much in my opinion.

I don't mean to say what you're doing is wrong, just playing devil's advocate based on all the rantings and ravings we've heard in the past regarding these rankings. There is some merit to those rants and raves, as it's simply unreasonable to expect this many future NHLers out of a prospect crop.

I think this is something that HF as a whole needs to get its act together on. There's inconsistencies between pages in terms of ranking according to top end potential versus projections.