View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Adam Warlock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
This.

I was extremely disappointed with the reception Crosby got from the crowd. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but I would've preferred if the reaction had been similar to what Lemieux got when he returned from his battle with Hodgkin's disease. It's one thing to despise a player -- that's fine, and particularly understandable given how Crosby has tormented the Flyers. But, seriously, there should be an element of human decency that factors into the situation. Have some respect for him as a person, what he went through, and what he means to the league. The crowd should've given Crosby a nice round of applause when his name was mentioned for the first time and then reverted to form and commenced the vociferous booing the second time.

The "Crosby Sucks" chant remains the lamest in hockey, but I know there's no changing it.
If Pronger comes back next year by some miracle, I am sure the Pittsburgh fans will applaud him .

There is a reason Crosby doesn't have the same kind of respect Lemieux did, and Philly isnt the only city that feels that way.

Adam Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote