View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 10:03 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Under normal circumstance I would agree. But the Rangers wont be able to keep all of them. It's unrealistic. You have to factor in that players on winning teams are coveted and will be offered more money from other teams. If the Rangers get to the CF or higher, it'll skyrocket their worth.

One of the "Big Four" will have to get moved eventually. That's why I like the idea od throwing Erixon and McIlrath to the wolves as early as possible to prepare them in case some wacky team throws a ridiculous offer sheet at MDZ or Macdonagh.

Because of Staal's cap hit and term, coupled with the Rangers' success without him, makes me think his departure would make the most sense.
It's not unrealistic at all to hold onto all of them for another year or 2. From there you move from the position of strength to either open up a spot for a young kid who has developed on schedule or from the prospect pool to fill another need. I would doubt Staal would be the one to be moved.

Also, I am sick of hearing this "The Rangers were really good without Staal so they must not need him!!" rhetoric. It's completely false. Hey look, the Flyers are playing REALLY well without Pronger. They should trade him. The Pens played amazing without Crosby and Letang, they should move both of them.