View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That's pretty pricey man. You know I'm all about trading for elite prospects but Subban is a guy we can build around and he's shown that he can play well in the NHL. PLUS you want to deal away our pick this year?

Too much for me.

Well, doesn't this kind of contradict your earlier point though? We've developed Subban to the point where he's an average 1st pairing blueliner and he's still pretty young. Wouldn't it make sense to hang on to him now that we've done the heavy lifting?

I totally get what you're saying. Believe me, I want an elite center more than anything for this club and we haven't had one in years but I don't think dealing away a PROVEN prospect like Subban is the way to do it.

Beaulieau or Tinordi + our first for Huberdeau? Maybe I'd think about it, it would depend on what Timmins says about the prospects at this years' draft. At least there we're giving away prospect for prospect. Subban though shouldnt' be dealt in my opinion. Not unless it's for another young player who's proven he can have success. He's too young and good to trade away.
You prove my point LG. All REAL trades are arguable. Of course dealing Subby is a huge risk.

I think we can mitigate against the risk with our existing D prospects, and with Florida mid round pick for yet another D prospect.

I don't think our pick is going to pan out at no. 6, as in a player that will lead us to a cup in 3 years. Not happening.

I thing Huberdeau is what we need to build a cup winning team. Of course I might be wrong, but cups are won with risks, not Kyle Chipchura.

And I don't think Subban is Bobby Orr, or even Raymond Bourque.

I look at it the other way round. We'd be lucky if Forida went for this in my view. Come on LG, you know that except for Joe 'I'm real dumb' Thornton, no elite centers, or even 19 year old elite C prospects, are EVER traded.

Subban is the only weapon we have to pull this off, and I think we can afford to do it. It is precisely because Subban is proven that Florida might take the bait.

But I know you, especially, love wallowing in mediocrity, so why try to convince you?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote