View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 12:32 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I hope I don't get to find out but I think AV would survive a first round exit. This team is built around the strategy that Gillis and AV have put together, they just got to the finals last season and I think Gillis really believes in these coaches and what they are doing.
Nah, I don't think he'd survive a first round exit. He would have been fired if we lost game 7 to the hawks in the first round last playoffs. We will probably be playing the 7th seed. Losing to the 7th seed would be embarrassing with the team that we have right now. I don't think we're going to lose in the 1st round though. There's just too much talent on this team. If the Sedins become invisible, Kesler can will this team to win at least for the first round. Burrows won't go down without a fight either. Game 7 vs the hawks really showed how much it means to win for kes/burrows. Those 2 were incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Great coaches are constantly learning themselves, adapting and bringing something new to the table. That's part of what makes them a great coach. It's also a good idea to rotate some new blood in there with assistant coaches, and the team has done that.
ok, thanks. I have to say I used to get frustrated with AV's stubborn ways, but he's definitely adjusted his gameplan over the years. I remember the first time we played the hawks in the playoffs and he always wanted the team to try and sit on a lead. Nightmares.