View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Carl is one of the most annoying characters on TV, i cringe everytime he speaks.
Actually, he and Lori are neck and neck for most annoying with Carol not too far behind (i really wish that Daryl would just shoot her in the head to keep her from creeping on him).

Don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of the Walking Dead but no character on that show should ever be compared to the acting brilliance that is Breaking Bad.
Jesse (who definitely isn't a kid) is one of the best characters on TV, not annoying at all IMO.
Yeah there was some definite miss on the casting. Or maybe by design. Its hard to like many of the characters and so thus when they meet their end its really not all that big a loss. A sideline involving hope of who books it next. Or a drinking game.

In any zombie program it shouldn't be that hard to be less wooden in portrayal than the backdrop bullet fodder. Although sometimes I'm almost cheering for the hapless zombies. I think we need zombie cheerleaders in some of the scenes just to balance things out..

Carl and Lori are so unlikeable. But then the other characters don't come off so well either.

For some reason I can't get into breaking bad. I know I should like it, and I would generally find the kind of storyline interesting, but whenever I watch it its like it must be an off contrived episode or something. I've watched complete episodes and theres nothing in it that moves me. Feel the same way about Boardwalk Empire. Again I'm fascinated with the period, I should like the subject matter, I even like many of the actors, but I find the program wastes the performances. Lots of money, great actors, poor script and lines. I just don't care about any of the wooden characters.

I think so many of these HBO, AMC type series comes up these days I never know which ones to commit to as I just don't like sitting countless hours trying to like something. Sopranos and Six Feet Under were good. I've not found anything that matches these shows.

I don't take Walking Dead seriously, just easy to watch escape entertainment.

Last edited by Replacement: 03-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote