View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The recent play by the Kings since the Carter trade may have saved Lombardi's bacon, for the time being. Don't know what his plans are for this summer (especially with the pending result of a new CBA), however, I do expect him to be back next season. He will have a lot of flexibility to make upgrades over the summer and I do expect Sutter to bring in a new staff along with him, with the possibility of Stevens and/or Ranford staying on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I think DL is going to throw the farm at Parise, but I can also see him coming out of no where with some crazy shot at Suter. I can just see him moving someone like Greene and giving Doughty someone like Suter to play with for years to come even though we are stellar right now at defense and goaltending, but this is Lombardi we are talking about and he will always value those positions more.
The possibility of moving Greene and looking for someone like Suter is interesting, one I hadn't considered.

My guess is that Carter's acquisition rules out (in Lombardi's mind) a push for Parise, and that he'll instead look to upgrade the third-line center position. The big question, I think, is if he wants to bring Stoll back. A lot hinges on that decision, and I can see arguments both ways.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote