Old
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden View Post
I'm in
With Jeff's friend/co-owner available to take a team, that gives us 12 guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stanley View Post
Hey Doug yes 15 minimum inning it sort of prevent s a guy from pitching his closer one once and having a total ERA of zero and winning the points for ERA.

Yes only a maximum of 6 players maybe picked up per week.

Daily lineup changes is to have pitcher streaming, however there is little point in picking up a **** pitcher to get inning since categories like ERA, L, and WHIP will likely take a big hit.
From what I've been reading (being a fantasy baseball n00b), I gather the idea with streaming is to pick up guys who aren't necessarily crap (in a 12-team AL/NL mixed league, there should be plenty of decent quality pitchers available as free agents at any given moment), but are heading into favourable matchups - pitchers parks against weak hitting teams, lefties against lineups that struggle against them, etc. But you're right, at least a couple of our categories should help mitigate at least a little bit against that practice.

Not to worry, though. I look at this season as being an opportunity to learn, so just hoping I understand enough of what's going on to be able to at least be modestly competitive.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote