View Single Post
Old
11-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Top Corner2

vCash: 500
I was at the game also.

It wasn't the best game but it was fun to see the kids. It was my first time watching a game in Hamilton (I'm from montreal, quebec was closer!)

Anyway here are some of my impressions:

Duncan Milroy played a solid game and seemed to get more ice time as the game went on. I was expecting him to be slow, but he was keeping up fine. His shot is definitely his #1 asset. He fights hard for the puck and gets back on D. He didn't look out of place.

Komisarek looks as if he has been working on his skating stride. He gave the puck away in the 1st and looked really upset...but came back strong. Still has a lot to work on, especially quickness and 1st pass. I still think he will develop into a very good D-man.

Balej definitely has great acceleration. He was finishing his checks and doing the dirty work also. I think he misses Marcel, and wants to get up here asap. He looked good.

Plekanec looked solid. Did the little things and created some offense. I would like to see him put a bit more passion into it sometimes. Not very physical.

Higgins will be a dream come true when we get him with the big club. He does all the little things and reads the play really well. Just what we need a guy with some hockey sense. tried lots of moves that didn't work....that's what he's there for. Got picked on by there big guys. was a target for sure (especially after 2 goals i guess). If he can develop another gear watch out. He's quick, but nothing like balej.

Ferland just isn't that big. He played a good game and likes the front of the net and has good hands...but an ox this guy is not. when we drafted him I was under the impression he was BIG.

Dagenais is a pro. So is gratton. Traverse looks the same. Dykuis looks like he's in the wrong leaugue. Beauchemin is very solid. #43 cote? could be a nice #6 insurance policy if he can get his 1st pass working.

hope you enjoyed. Just my impressions....