Thread: Speculation: Fire Todd Mclellan
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
They were still generating tons of shots and scoring opportunities. And the point is they were playing against the best players the opposition had to offer and had the puck. Constantly. They're both near the top of the league in possession playing some of the toughest minutes of any forward in the NHL this year. That's what wins games. Shooting% is inherently transient.
Part of our general divergence. Some of those peaks and valleys in SH% are not random.

I agree about qualcomp to a lesser degree here because they have frequently used Marleau against top qualcomp to offset the strategy or personnel of other teams. I do think that the Pavs/JT possession game has been strong all year whether or not they are putting the puck in the net.

I do think that they should switch those core pairings of which Sry10 speaks enough so as to be able to play anyone with anyone. That was more an issue with Heatley/JT in the year where TM basically had them joined at the hip. He had no effective move when it completely fell apart in the playoffs.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote