View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Regardless of DeBoer's intentions... it was a dumb move. Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk should start EVERY away game. All Devil fans agree that Boulton and Janssen are useless and we never want to see them on the ice.

I think my point is simply that this is the third time this season that this has happened and Torts chooses now to flip out.

DeBo definitely didn't make the right decision though. There was a 50/50 chance that this would backfire and it pretty much did. The Devils have had problems scoring goals... but also their compete level has been lacking lately. They've played the Flyers, Pens, and Rangers and couldn't match the other team's intensity. Maybe THAT'S what DeBoer was trying to fix? Didn't work though lol.
I think I know why torts was pissed. Nothing against the Devils, but as you pointed out earlier, our tough guys contribute alot more then the Devils tough guys do, not to mention Prust kills penalties and Bickel has done a fine job as our 6th defenseman.

I think it was more so the fact of both teams are ten games away from playoffs and to lose a team contributor to a broken hand from a fight could hurt down the road. This is especially true for the Rangers because losing a guy like Prust would hurt our penalty killing, losing Rupp would force us to play Scott, and losing Bickel would give us zero depth at defense (Eminger is hurt currently and Stralman has really been off the past few games). Any of these three would do nothing but hurt the Rangers long term. If the Devils lose Boulton or CamJam, then they are replaced when Bernier comes back. Its not nearly that simple for the Rangers.

Just my 2c.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote