View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Aceekay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
You prove my point LG. All REAL trades are arguable. Of course dealing Subby is a huge risk.

I think we can mitigate against the risk with our existing D prospects, and with Florida mid round pick for yet another D prospect.

I don't think our pick is going to pan out at no. 6, as in a player that will lead us to a cup in 3 years. Not happening.

I thing Huberdeau is what we need to build a cup winning team. Of course I might be wrong, but cups are won with risks, not Kyle Chipchura.

And I don't think Subban is Bobby Orr, or even Raymond Bourque.

I look at it the other way round. We'd be lucky if Forida went for this in my view. Come on LG, you know that except for Joe 'I'm real dumb' Thornton, no elite centers, or even 19 year old elite C prospects, are EVER traded.

Subban is the only weapon we have to pull this off, and I think we can afford to do it. It is precisely because Subban is proven that Florida might take the bait.

But I know you, especially, love wallowing in mediocrity, so why try to convince you?
Who is going to replace subban? Beaulieu? Tinordi? We will be lucky if both develop into top 4 dmen, but neither of them are top pairing defensemen like subban. Sure you get huberdeau (who isn't even a center) and he is great and we'll most likely become an elite forward. However is it worth giving a potential star player in subban and our top 4 pick? No it is not, you talk about trading subban because he is proven, but huberdeau hasn't played a single nhl game yet. I really like huberdeau, I do but i don't believe we have to give up our top 4 pick and our star defenseman for him.

The reason why gm's don't trade for young centers is because they don't want to have overpay and then get burned. the risk/reward ratio is too high, no gm wants to trade their star defensemen and their lottery pick for an unproven player, because what happens if their pick becomes a franchise player and the defensemen goes on to win the norris and the young star center you traded for becomes a bust and you lose your job and become mike millbury 2.0.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote