View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Bickel has boosted his stock not only with his physical play and keeping it simple in the defensive zone, but also with his ability to know when to pinch and keep the puck in the offensive zone when it gets fired up the boards... I think Torts probably feels like Bickel is a better fit for the type of system or play that he wants out of the defensemen.... I could see Torts valuing Bickel's physical presence of Stralman's potential offensive contributions when it comes to the 'grind' of playoff hockey.
We need more scoring depth, I think we're fine with the current toughness. Strålman (Beam Man translated into English, what a wicked last name isn't that, like some Megaman boss ) has showed he can play Tort's system earlier in the system.

But I value your points. Torts probably sees it somewhat similar, so you're probably right. That doesn't stop me from thinking it's a shame though, I would've really liked to see what Strålman could bring to the table, after those stretches of playing like a really solid, versatile D-man, like the guy he was projected to become by scouts. Perhaps that's what intrigues me.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote