View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
We need more scoring depth, I think we're fine with the current toughness. Strålman (Beam Man translated into English, what a wicked last name isn't that ) has showed he can play Tort's system earlier in the system.

But I value your points. Torts probably sees it somewhat similar, so you're probably right. That doesn't stop me from thinking it's a shame though, I would've really liked to see what Strålman could bring to the table, after those stretches of playing like a really solid, versatile D-man, like the guy he was projected to become by scouts. Perhaps that's what intrigues me.
I said in another thread, Stralman deserves a lot of credit for stepping in and contributing and helping the Rangers play the way they did for a good chunk of the season while enduring the injuries to Sauer & Staal. I can see why some might feel bad for him but you have to figure that he knew coming into this season, that he was likely to be an extra d-man and I'm sure he could see the writing on the wall that he would likely be the first to get bounced from the starting rotation once the Rangers got healthy again. I agree that he has the best offensive upside of the remaining options, just unfortunately not consistent enough in bringing it.

Woywitka also gave us some meaningful minutes and he got the same deal. Eminger will likely also stay out of the line-up once he's healthy if Bickel is still holding up well.... Unfortunately just part of the nature of the business (can't be fair to everyone no matter how deserving). All these players seem like genuinely good guys though. Definitely bought into the team's identity and didn't complain about their roles, no matter how limited. Kudos to them for that.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote