View Single Post
Old
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
IDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Hmm I was using a 75 flex with my last stick and it seemed like it was flexing too much and was therefore not producing enough power as the stick was absorbing all of it. But I find that it's hard to flex my stick ON THE ICE even when I'm just standing still. When I'm off the ice I can flex it no problem without putting much weight on it, but when I'm on the ice i find that when I go to flex it it just slides out from under me or something along those lines.

And I know you don't want to push the puck forward on a snap shot but what I meant was you're going to need some sort of separation from the blade in order to snap into the ice.

So basically what I want to do is transfer weight onto my left leg (i'm a lefty) and push my bottom hand into the ice on the snapping motion? I'll try it out. I think the weight transfer is the hardest part for me. I'll also check out those threads.
sounds like your not leaning on your stick enough, and moreso just trying to use your arms....could be wrong, but if i visualize what you just said it seems like that is the case, as you saw in that first part of the video how AK is just simple using the "flex" of the stick for the shot

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote