View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 02:52 AM
The K Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMaster17 View Post
40 pts constitutes a #1 dman? Common dude, the guy plays 25 mins a night.... Schenn plays half that quth no pp time and has 20 pts, does that mean he is a number 1?

Phaneuf can't play d, has below avg hockey IQ, and in most nights expecially last year he couldn't hit the net. He isn't a number 1 on a cup winning team for freakin sure. Hell will freeze over before Phaneuf is a top 1 even 2 dman on a cup team, this I bet my season tickets on.
I never said that.

Playing 25 minutes a night is a good thing, is it not? I don't even understand the whole Dion can't play D. Constantly I see him winning battles and try to chip it to the forwards where they fail to get it out. His D zone coverage is the only thing I would complain about. Too much standing around at times, but like I said get him a reliable defenseman and he'll look much better. Even get some forwards who can play in their own zone because that seems to be one of the biggest problems to me (other than goaltending of course).

I don't know, the first quarter of the season everybody was calling him top 10-15 D man in the league, and now that the team has gone downhill seems like the top players have been scapegoats.

Playing against other teams top lines compromised of OV or Stamkos while playing with Gunnarsson who shouldn't be near the top line, and with our forwards who are awful in our own zone will make it difficult on anybody.

The K Man is offline   Reply With Quote