View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Grabowaffle84

vCash: 500
Season failure: Was Wilson really to blame?

Let me just start by saying that this is my first ever thread I started.

It's obvious that in Ron Wilson's tenure here that the Leafs weren't even remotely decent in the slightest but should he have been fired before Burke? I know that all of you are probably going to critisize me for sticking up for Wilson but I feel that a coach can only do as well as the players that he is provided with and Burke did not give Wilson all of the peices needed in order to be successful.

Sure we can say that Wilson has had 2 or 3 different rosters to work with in the past 4 years or so but was he provided with the right peices with any of these rosters? It is also obvious that since the coaching change the team has not played to a level where it should as they are under .500 with Carlyle. Was a coaching change really the answer given the teams current performance?

With that said I am wondering if Burke should finally put his ego aside and stand up and admit that he has screwed this franchise over. He has given us a ton of legitimate prospects and that I praise him for but it still doesn't make up for our current playoff drought in which we will likely be the only team post lock out to not make the playoffs. IMO it's pretty embarrassing. How long does Burke have left?

Thoughts?

Grabowaffle84 is offline   Reply With Quote