View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Hege
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Could you describe his game if you've seen more of him?

You should hold back your expectations a bit concerning next year. He's yet to make a NT debut in any age group, so most likely he will play U16 and U17 next year. I don't think there ever has been a player playing in U18 team while being two years "underage". Let alone 4 years.
Here are his statistics so far:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94117

I've seen him a couple of times and he is a very skillful playmaker who can also score a load of goals. His stickhandling is very good and he has an excellent eye for the game. He is also relatively big for his age 178cm/75kg (age 15). Also, his father Pasi Saarela, who played in the Finnish Elite League is coaching his team at the moment.

No he hasn't made a NT debut but he just got accepted to the newly formed Finland U16 squad. They will start playing international games soon and we can evaluate his skills again after that, but as for now I can say that he is really much ahead of all other players in his age group and +1 years.

If he keeps up the good work we could be dealing with a new superstar... but then again only time will tell and maybe age 15 is too early to draw conclusions about him.