View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
You have to go beyond points...Kessel is a great player but even when he's committed to defense, his line is just a defensive disaster.

As far as going and comparing the Bruins roster to the Leafs..it's not Seguin's fault that the Bruins are so talented. He probably thought he'd be going to a bad team when his last OHL year started...

Burke has failed to put together a supporting cast for Kessel. Seguin has everything in him to be that complete player, he's got great speed, great shot, great vision, isn't afraid to take hits or play on the boards.

Seguin will be a better player than Kessel in a year or two, and that doesn't necessarily mean he'll have more points than him (though that is entirely possible).

I don't blame Kessel, he is what he is and they knew everything about him before they got him from Boston. Burke on the other hand failed to put together a team mainly because it's nearly impossible to build a team around a winger unless he's Ovechkin or something.

If I had the chance to trade Kessel right now for Seguin and Hamilton, I'd do it in a millisecond even though I like Kessel.
Let's just agree to disagree because I could retaliate, but I rather keep it regarding drafting and prospects.

This post also serves as a warning, stay true to the topic, hence the reason I started this thread, I will delete the possibly seguin-kessel crap again.