View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Never thought of Higgins as a franchise player but sure thought of him as maybe a very solid 2 way player who would score 30 or so, for sure a career top 6. I remember when him and Komi had worked their way into the line-up and were looked upon as building blocks for our future. Higgins and Komi saw themselves this way and you could see their excitement and they just relished that opportunity. It seemed to me as time went on and the Halak and Higgins and 2nd trade proposals started going around that they started to wear on Higgins. He used to smile and looked happy and as the media kept asking him about being traded he got more and more somber and didnt seem happy at all. His play started going down too. After he was traded I caught references in posts implying he was really into the partying, booze and maybe worse.Glad he seems to be back on track in Vancouver.
Strange... the guy always seemed to be so into conditioning. Hearing about booze just seems to contradict that but who knows what happened? All of a sudden the guy kept hitting goalposts, getting shafted by goalies... at first he just seemed snakebit but it kept happening over and over again. I still can't figure out what happpened with that guy.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote