View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
So I was listening to the FAN yesterday and CM&T mentioned the Fan Protest in January in regards to a handful of Dolphins fans (they said 30) that were protesting outside the stadium down in Flordia, calling for the termination of GM Jeff Ireland.

Torg mentioned briefly that the CBJ fan rally had a few hundred on a cold day and summed it up as a success for the given situation, Riccordotti, who, while he has some opinions I usually agree with, made it point to basically say it was a failure because only a few hundred showed. What was interesting was that Riccordotti was invited to the Rally via the FB page and he declined.

Now, I understand if he's obligated to decline to participate because the station he is employed with is billed as the "Flagship Station" of the Team and it would be seen as a conflict of interest, but I don't think a guy thats practically agreed with everything from the get go with this movement needs to call this failure when he himself didn't attend. I had also heard on the friday before the protest that Torgersen and their shows producer "T-bone" would be attending. I wasn't sure if they were in attendance, but thats beside the point as they didn't openly declare the numbers as a failure since they never claimed not to be there.

I don't know why, but that actually bothered me when Riccordotti said it.