View Single Post
Old
03-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Sharksrule04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Why exactly? He's nearly two years younger than Braun, and has all the tools to be a good offensive defenseman. He showed a lot of promise by how well he played last season, and this season just seems like an off year (mix of playing LD, and it looks like he had a horrible off-season regiment). Hopefully, he doesn't take the Setoguchi route and actually matures into a well-trained athlete.
And you aren't going to get Nash with a Demers package, unless that package included one of Pavelski or Couture. Why would they even want him anyway? Their top-4 D is pretty set.
Because he never really shows much in terms of being better than he is now. He is going to be a career 4-6 D-man. Nothing better. His offensive ability is solid but not breath taking, and he sucks defensively. Braun on the other hand keeps getting better and shows a skill set that could lead to him being a top 4 d-man. Age doesn't necessarily matter. Plenty of players plateau at a young age and I think Demers is one of them. He will never be as good offensively as Burns or Boyle and isn't good enough defensively to make him worth keeping IMO.

As for trading him to Columbus for Nash, I didn't mean him as the focal point, I meant including him in the package. Maybe Pavelski, Demers and a pick.

Sharksrule04 is offline   Reply With Quote